Thursday, August 2, 2007

One of my nicest weekend break..

Man....after working so hard for over 1 month without any holidays in between(remember i work 5.5 days so its like working 6 days a week) and having church meetings here and there, finally i got my break on 28 July..its a Sat...
got an invite from Elaine and Janet to watch movie at the Starlight Cinema that night!i was so excited!!watching movie under the stars.....wow...how romantic can u get??anyway, i love these kinda things, nature and all and i've never been to one so i happily accepted the invitation. It rained in the afternoon and the movie was to start at 8pm. So we had dinner first at a Phillipino restaurant in Centrepoint. Ordered pork ribs and some veges and some soup which tastes soury but nice.Had a pleasant dinner and tried some food which i normally don't eat. After dinner, we walked to KBU and spread the sleeping bag and sat on it.Since it rained earlier, the weather was cooling.We watched Devil Wears Prada followed by Little Man. Tek Y and Jason H also joined us and they brought a bigger mat which all of us could stretch our legs and sit in watever position we like..Little Man wasn't a nice show.it was rather cheesy for me....The movies ended at almost 12pm.so we went home after that.
On Sun, Ps Kenneth preached a good message on repentance..He said repentance or to repent was meant to be a good message. but we often think of it as something bad. based on the Bible verse somewhere in Luke(?) Jesus said 'Repent, for the Kingdom of God is near.' Kingdom of God is a good news. He gave the analogy of having buffet for dinner. If we know that we're for a good dinner buffet, wouldn't we prepare ourselves for it such as not eating lunch so that we can have more at the buffet. So its the same with repenting. Its a change of mindset, thinking, lifestyle. So it isin't a bad thing cos by getting rid of the stuff we dun need, we're gonna receive better things. There were other things he said which i totally agreed with but i can't remember fully now.haha......
Then on Sun nite, my mom and i flew to Bangkok and we stayed for 3 days 3 nites. It was fun. The hotel was great for me cos its small but it has most of the facilities like the big hotels. I like it cos the atmosphere was very Western and there were no Msians there!We listened to jazz songswhile having breakfast. i have nothing against them but somehow, i dun really like hanging with Msians strangers esp if they are the kiasu type. I did make friends with the breakfast chef(haha!) and the front desk receptionist. She was so nice she wrote me a note b4 i left Bangkok. Actually at the last nite i was there, i thanked her for her efficiency and warm welcome when i first arrived at the hotel....yeah...so then on my flight back to KL, sat next to a Thai mommy with a 3 year-old son who was very active and talked almost nonstop. His dad is Caucasian and just started working in KL so the mother and child was going to visit his father. The father went to KLIA instead of LCCT to pick them up so i offered my help by calling her husband and telling them where we are. Amazing kan...can be a blessing no matter where you are.....
oh btw, most of the ppl in Bangkok tot i was Thai..when i was at the airport, a custom officer came to me and spoke Thai to me and told me to go to the Thai counter to get my passport stamped.I told him i'm Malaysia and he said oh!I tot you are Thai..i wonder which part of me looks like Thai...was thinking maybe its my flat nose and my hair style which i combed my fringe up and then tie a ponytail.When i reached Bangkok, i noticed most Thai girls had my kinda hair style...mainly have the fringed all tied up with hair clips or sprayed with hair spray.All the salesgirls spoke Thai to me..Even the guy selling water spoke Thai to me.Sit baht..huh?10 baht...haha...new word. khup kun kraa..means thank you...must speak with accent wan...so i look like a Thai...not bad eh....
so overall, it was a good holiday....i just dreaded going to work the next day!!=P

1 comment:

picibel said...

When people mistaken you as a thai, take it as a compliment. The generic stereotype of thai girls is that they're pretty. ^_^