Tuesday, March 20, 2007

i tOt i...

i tot i lost my Bible today. Sometimes i would bring my Bible to my work place cos sometimes will have the time to read it or read it during my lunch time....

just a couple of weeks or months ago, i've been hearing many stories from my colleagues about how their food was stolen from their spot on the shelves..in our pantry, there's a shelve that we put our snacks, cups, cutleries, milo, nescafe, even books and shoes...yes..u name it, we most probably have it...one of my colleague just bought a big tin of Jacob's cream crackers..she had about 3/4 of biscuits left but the next time she wanted to eat it...only 1/4 was left!!!so terrible kan...we suspect the housekeeping ppl are stealing it.another time, our CNY cookies was almost finished when we've barely touched it cos the cookies were given to us on a Sat...so we normally dun have tea on Sat...so last week i left my Bible in my 'box' in the pantry(everyone has their own 'box' where they keep their stuff.) And today when i went into the pantry, i froze...cos i dint' see my Bible in my box. 1st thing on my mind....'they stole my BIble!!!!!!'

and i couldn't believe it! goodness...how can these ppl so this!!??its my stuff and our pantry and our things!how could they touch and just simply take things that don't belong to them!???
i tried to calm myself....of course i din't scream or shout..everything i've said or about to say is all in my head. maybe they dun have money to buy Bible.....good lar...at least someone's reading the Bible...maybe they wan to know more of God's word...its ok kai ling...u've got other Bibles...can buy another wan...

but....the thing is.....i actually felt sad that i lost this Bible...it wasn't expensive, it was rather not expensive...bought in Aus cos my friend Wilson told me about reasonable priced Bibles in Koorong.or is it somehwere else..and i draw lines and write things in that bible...and highlighted my favourite verses and do this and that...its sentimental...

i went home after work and after swimming...tot bout it again...and suddenly remembered...hey...maybe i brought it home...but i can't recall when ...i remember putting it in my paper bag which i carry to work...so i went looking for it and found it!!!

man.......it feels like i've found something precious!like....the woman with 100 coins and lost 1 coin...like...the shepherd with 100 sheeps but lost 1 sheep...yeah...i hugged it tightly and thank God that it wasn't lost and best of all...it wasn't stolen!!yay! at least those housekeeping ppl were not so bad after all...

so...i never tot my Bibles were so precious to me...i'm not gonna lose them...i'll try not to!
are your Bibles precious to you too?

No comments: