Sunday, September 2, 2007

ReWire in PD...



and so...we young working adults went to Port Dickson(PD) for a retreat on 26-28 Aug..was looking forward to it till i found out which car i was to follow...gosh...my whole being felt so depressed....cos i was thinking that i don't know these ppl very well and honestly i do find it a bit hard to talk to them...i was complaining to my pg members and they said i'm not giving them a chance for me to know them...oh well...i complained to the person in charge of the transportation and to Jess and she told me...eh ok wat...u're sitting in a MPV.big car..very comfortable..i was like...ooohh...sounds ok also lar...can sleep in there..haha..anyways, went for my lunch and after lunch i was starting to feel better and not so depressed anymore..

briefing time i found out i was to be in another car!yay!i thought...great...cool..i know these ppl...but later the whole journey was so boring i wished i was with the MPV ppl!cos my driver was very tired but had to drive and the co-driver din't feel like talking....i'm like aiyoyo...nvm...patience, patience...
for me, the whole retreat was ok...i dun mean to sound unenthusiastic but i really do feel that way...everything was predictable...there are sessions and workshops about BGR and games groups with war cry and sketches and games....1 thing i really liked was the Survival 101. i learned how to make fire using matches(duh...we had to dig for the matches cos it was hidden under the sand and have use the compass to know the direction of where the matches were hidden) and how to keep the fire burning using newspaper and some dried twigs and boil sea water to get clean water using distillation process...it was super fun for me and i'm so proud of my teammates!(Ps alex,Mich G, Adeline and Ow). We were the 5th group to complete all the tasks out of 9 groups. then we had games....

after games, we just hang out in the sea and just let the waves hit us....wah...so nice....oh!we also 'threw' some of the committee ppl into the water and make them wet!haha......later we played volleyball on the beach and then went swimming in the swimming pool..yes...with my sandy and salty clothes...
sketches were performed after dinner and we had a good laugh....and then we went mamak...so sad kan...go PD and must go mamak...took some photos...

overall, i felt the camp was a reminder to me of the things that i already knew...i felt my expectations of a retreat have changed....i din't really make friends at the retreat or chit chat a lot...yeah..i found out i can see lots of stars at night by the beach and there are blue skies in PD...wonders of nature...makes me think of my time in Aus...

No comments: