Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The New 2008...

wow...its been another year...time really flies when u're having a great time..and for me, i had a fantastic 2007. I won't recap wat i've done in 2007 but the last few days of 2007 has been awesome to me..i've learnt 1 thing about letting go and trusting God. It was a question of why did God give me the opportunity if in the end He decided to not make it happen?
It was disappointing for me cos each time i look forward to something and in the end it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to be. I'm like...does God really love me? Does He know that its hurting me each time this happens? Can i trust Him for better things in life? Why does good things only happen to other ppl? Can i have what they have? ahhh....frustrating...so i learnt to be mediocre..not expecting so much from God cos i dunno if He'll give it to me.maybe i don't deserve it...
Then 1 day, i REALIZED...as i was looking forward to something, i suddenly realized that if that thing didn't come to pass, i will not be disappointed cos maybe it was BETTER for me that it din't come to pass. If it din't happen, its ok...God is still in control and He has the best for me and maybe this time it wasn't the best for me tho i really wanted it...so i learnt to let go and let God arrange it for me. all i have to do is to trust Him. Trust that He has better in store for me..i'll just be the right woman..for whatever situation i'm in...wah...it was like..an enlightment man...
I don't have to try to make things work...just let God lead..=) I guess..God was trying to teach me to trust Him...and man...it took a really long time for me to learn that..

ok...serious stuff aside...i almost got thrown into the pool on New Year's eve..how i escaped?ah...a miracle...or should i say..someone spoke on my behalf..haha..nolar..on every girl's behalf..i was on the verge of being swung into the pool when someone said..don't throw girls into the pool...and i was saved!haha...besides that, we had a noisy countdown followed by more ppl jumping into the pool and it was David G's birthday and he got thrown into the pool 3 times. After that we just balik...now i'm reflecting on my 2007..
New Year resolutions: I'll see if all these come to pass..haha...not all will be listed..haha..

1. Get a new job!
2. Eat more fruits..and take daily supplements.
3. Go for at least 1 holiday - to Aus to visit friends..and/or Medan.
4. Movie nite cum makan at my house with few friends...yummy..
5. Practice more guitar and sing more..
6. Have at least 1 live gig with E at Campus city or someone's birthday!haha..
7. Part time model..haha..photos shoots..hopefully get paid type!
8. Learn about Chinese herbs from mom..

Achievable??i hope so...am looking for more challenges(*scary la..)..to build my courage and self confidence.
^_^

1 comment:

pitamos said...

Hahah i noe that part bout the New Year Eve's 'throwing into the pool'!

So lotsa resolutions... no worries, i'll prolly need you to be my model for one of the coming shoots! hehehe

Yeah u can sing gurl!! And E plays a mean guitar! So do a gig at the Unplugged eventla..

Yes! Movie nite!!! Havent been to ur place before...

Haf a great 2008!! :)